I’m really making an effort not to turn into a photographic robot and push myself. It can be scary when somebody is paying you to shoot and it’s easier to just fall back on what you know works but I think the work reflects that then. I really want to make work i’m proud of no matter what the assignment is. So, here is a list of do’s and don’ts (mostly don’ts) I made for myself today.
1. Slow Down. Wayyyy down.
2.Look around more
3. Push the subject a bit, try to get something unique
1. Shoot a billion photos just because it’s digital
3.Talk to the subject too much (i’m guilty of this a lot, I really really like people so I sometimes just end up talking for an hour)
4. Seriously, don’t shoot a billion photos
5. Try different lighting set up’s in the same place
6. fall back on an easy semi-wide environmental portrait
7. Blow it